27th -28th December, 2015 University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka.
The 3rd Biennial Conference of the International Association for Asian Heritage will be held at the University of Kelaniya, Sri Lanka on 27th -28th December 2015. The conference is being organized by the Center for Asian Studies, Faculty of Social Sciences of the University of Kelaniya in collaboration with several other Departments and Institutes interested in Asian Heritage and academic affairs.
We cordially invite academics engaged in studies on Asian Heritage to attend the conference and spend their Year –End Holidays with us for concluding 2015 in a pleasurable environment. It will helpful for all of us for a fresh start of 2016 with ever memorable experiences in Sri Lanka.
The IAAH accepts papers in all aspects of Asian Heritage with new findings, new interpretations, lesser well known facts and original research work of preservation, protection and promotion of Asian Heritage. The following topics are not exclusive but may be more relevant for the IAAH conference.
- Archaeology, Musicology and Tourism: Recent excavations and explorations, Locomotive and Industrial Heritage, Cemetery studies, Theoretical issues in Archaeology, Mural Museums and new trends in Musicology, Heritage management and Sustainable Tourism
- History, Ethnology , Folklore and Traditional Knowledge: New aspects and interpretations into Asian History, East-West encounter, History and Theory, History and Community, Folklore and Oral History, Ethnology and ethnographically Studies, Traditional knowledge , Indigenous Medicine, Preservation of manuscripts and Archival materials, Folk Archives
- Religious studies, Religion for peace and harmony: Established religions and belief systems, Rituals, White & Black Magic, Religion for peace and harmony in the Multi-Cultural Society
- Literature, Art and Creative Works: Critical studies on literary works, Art and Artists, Creative works including cinema, drama and graphics, discourse analysis
- Contemporary Asian societies : Urbanization , migration , rural societies and marginal communities, Social media , Heritage and Society, Heritage and ethnic identities, Politics of Heritage studies, Heritage for betterment of the society
Abstracts of papers:
Abstracts not more than 300 words should be sent before 06th November both in Word and PDF formats to the conference secretariat. It should be in Times New Roman 12 Point and includes the title of the paper, name of author or authors, Institutional affiliation or personal address, email address, and five Keywords. If it is a joint work, names of scholars who intend to attend the conference should be clearly mentioned. Acceptance of abstracts will be notified case by case until 20th November 2015.
Those who are interested to send their full papers for publication in the conference proceedings must send in their papers before 06th December 2015. However, before sending the paper, please consult the conference secretariat about the length of the paper, Illustrations, reference style and other related matters.
All participants should be registered prior to the conference. Passport number and some other relevant details will be required for registration. The conference secretariat will send a prescribe form for all accepted paper presenters in due course. Registration fee can be paid after your arrival in US$ or equivalent of Sri Lankan Rupees. The fee structure is as follows.
IAAH Members: Sri Lankans LKR 500; South Asians $40; others $75
Non Members: Sri Lankans LKR 1500; South Asians $100; others $150
Accompanying Persons: IAAH members $30; South Asians $75; others $100
Full Time Students: Only half of the above rates according to the category they belong.